Job Openings at The Edit
To apply, please email your resume and a brief paragraph about yourself to [email protected]
We are a small growing retail and ecommerce women's clothing boutique looking for an assistant buyer to jump in and help with all things related to new product coming into the store. You will help with the pre-season buying process, in collaboration with the owner, determining what and how much to buy and facilitating the process. In-season, you will manage incoming inventory, the ecommerce website, and analyzing sales and inventory levels. We are looking for a dynamic, highly self motivated and passionate individual, looking to wear many hats in a fast-paced growing business. This role has room for growth with the right candidate. Ideally you love clothing, fashion and have previous retail experience.
- Track inventory cost spent and help project budget by month for each buying period.
- Analyze past sales to help inform owner on buying for future seasons.
- Create sales reports by brand, category and time periods to analyze business.
- Creating purchase orders in point of sale system for each order
- Add products to ecommerce inputting product images and descriptions.
- Working with store owner to identify new brand, product and sales opportunities.
- Communicate with vendors to get orders placed on time, review orders with store owner and help execute.
- Create visual binder of incoming product by season.
- Manage incoming inventory and shipments ensuring they are complete and on time.
- Assisting store manager with product check in process.
- Vendor communication in season for product returns, re-orders and any issues that may arise.
- Manage ecommerce orders communicating to store to pull the inventory from the floor.
- Create sales goals and projections for the store.
- Assist owner with marketing and instagram calendar.
- Ongoing email communication with vendors managing and tracking payments and invoices.
- Follow-up with vendors on product issues, returns and special orders.
- Ecommerce site maintenance, ensuring images and inventory are in sync with the store.
- Manage ecommerce marketing and homepage messages, partnering with owner to keep site fresh and updated with new products.
- Extreme attention to detail
- High sense of urgency with ability to prioritize tasks, respond in a timely manner.
- Clear and effective written and verbal and communication skills
- Good Excel skills, comfortable and confident creating, editing spreadsheets.
- Strong financial and numbers skills with ability to analyze sales.